Share | 

Ace is closing

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anna
Admin

PostSubject: Ace is closing   Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:06 am

Our main coder, Stephanie, has ditched so we can't exactly do anything else, and we haven't gotten the donations necessary to keep the server running at all, though I was willing to pay for another month...we can't finish shit without our coder.
Sorry.

Last edited by Anna on Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://acestory.darkbb.com
Hecuba

PostSubject: Re: Ace is closing   Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:08 am

AWH FUCK.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Ace is closing   Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:16 am

maybe if other members of the staff didnt act like 9 year olds the coder wouldnt "ditch" (make a suggestion that keeping the server alive would waste more time and money)

like your edit btw gotta look like youre the good guy right lolz xD Smile
Back to top Go down
Anna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ace is closing   Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:31 pm

How am I the bad guy?
I tried fixing up NPCs constantly and fixing the errors that happened withe the server. Yet all you did was play WoW everyday and ignore me constantly...
but I'm the bad guy, makes sense.

I guess maybe if you understood what it's like to not have $, to not be extremely spoiled you might understand how I felt spending my own $ on the server(I happen to not have that much money to use for anything, if you were planning to flake out ahead of time it would have been nice to know, then I could have used the money to see my boyfriend rather than spending it on the server).
Unfortunately not everyones parents can buy them BMW's at 16, or expensive purses and dorms at colleges. When I go to college I'll be living at home, and I'll likely need to go into debt to go to college. My family can't pay for everything, so I put up the tiny bit of $ I have for the server and all you can do is ditch....

The amount of work needed was nothing, there was a day of work needed, maybe two or three. And within that month you couldn't be considerate enough to put in that effort?? I tried to learn, I paid, and krissy put in effort, and steven put in effort as well.

Thanks steph, after 5 years of knowing each other I'm glad we can still rely on each other so easily.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ace is closing   Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:56 pm

after 5 years u should know i dont read internet essays
Back to top Go down
Anna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ace is closing   Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:03 pm

princess stephanie wrote:
after 5 years u should know i dont read internet essays

1. There was only 1-2 days worth of shit to do.
2. Other people put in effort, such as Krissy myself and Steven to help fix shit, though Krissy and I aren't as experienced as we need to be.
3. If you were gonna ditch you could have told me before hand so I could use the $ to see my bf.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ace is closing   Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:12 pm

theres a lot more wrong with the server than just needing donator shit, wouldve fucked us if we had a lot of players. disappearing npcs? what if next month blows like this one? youd bitch at me even more if i said we shouldnt continue

we were open for a month. steven doesnt give a shit

job
dont quit after first day
and what you spent like $40? stop.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ace is closing   Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:20 pm

$80
to you it may not be that much because your mom gives you any $ you need, but to me it is.

And as you said, you could have put the npcs in through the .wz files.
Back to top Go down
TIP TUP

PostSubject: Re: Ace is closing   Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:23 pm

anna u could always get a job instead of trying to get free money on through maple
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ace is closing   Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:27 pm

it's not the money . . . I'll have to get a job now, no shit. It's the fact that I spent it without her saying she'd fucking ditch????

w.e I get how she wouldn't understand what it's like to not have money, her mom pays for everything.
Back to top Go down
Platypus

PostSubject: Re: Ace is closing   Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:07 am

Anna: I just wanted to say thank you for your effort and time spent into the server this past month. I enjoyed my time, got to meet cool people. Your money did not go to waste :]. It's really too bad we have too close.. the server had a lot of potential. And although the community may be small, thank you so much for actually caring for us and trying your best... there's only so much you can do with a coder who doesnt give a shit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://facebook.com/pebble
Lindsey

PostSubject: Re: Ace is closing   Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:18 am

Aw, that sucks.

Anna-I know how you feel. There's things that I need/want but I don't have a job so my money is limited, lol. $80 can pay for a lot. I appreciate that you spent your money to try to keep it alive, and I wish I could help but I don't know how to code.

If anyone wants my MSN/AIM or whatever just PM me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hecuba

PostSubject: Re: Ace is closing   Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:54 am

I'm with Tyler. I look foward to playing wicha on Vindictus.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Ace is closing   Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:39 am

lmao anna maybe you should go chill w/ semblance if youre gonna be a baby and ban people when they say things you dont like. dont know why i didnt expect that from you

ANYWAY guys let me sum some things up for you that dont include anna trying to suck all of your dicks so you go to her side.

anna and i have ran servers together before, as u probably know. we got enough donations monthly to have a little extra in our pockets. well, anna's pocket. we had the old ace/yjdk (mostly yjdk) up for MONTHS and i got $20 total for my work (which i had to ask for LMFAO.) at that time i did everything. a big part of the reason why i want to get out now is because i feel the same thing coming. i do most if not all of the work and i get jack shit. anna even said herself she wants to keep this server running so we might get enough donations for her to xfer her wow character to another realm.

i mean as jordan said above she just wants free money and its true. anna will sit here and complain about how my mom spoils me and im rich. yeah because my mom works her ass off everyday to make our lives this way. instead of complaining why dont you try to find a job and not have it end up like it did every other time. (she quits after a week or so because she doesnt like it. no, really this has happened like 3 times.) i know this isnt the only reason you want to have a server anna. but dont even bother lying, its the main one.

2nd reason i dont want to run the server: i dont have time. i was working on this server over the summer. anna pushed me to open it early even though a lot of important things were missing like donator shit, etc. so i decided whatever and opened it in "beta." at this time my year at university had just started so i really didnt have much time to fuck around on the server. and honestly, there were way too many problems with the source. i even started working on a v.83 to get us more up to date/get us away from this shitstain (which no one knew about, ty god) but i really just didnt have time for it.
and as anna will probably try to ~*~own me with~*~, ya i do spend some free time on wow. ive been playing for a little more than a month. she's been playing for years.

anyway this is more than ive ever typed in my life so im outta here. good luck with your future servers guys.

ps anna if you wouldve talked to me about this stuff like an adult i wouldve listened to you and worked it out. instead you bitched at me like a brat so this is what you get. if you act like a joke ill treat you like one. oh and i just saw this in my chatlog and died

(talking about if we should keep the server running)

next day

some1s bipolar get that checked out

oh and btw can you please explain how you spent $80 LMFAO. if i remember correctly we only had one month of gtop which was $15 and theres no way that piece of shit vps was $65
???????
Back to top Go down
Anna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ace is closing   Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:04 pm

dedi = $50(plus tax)
gtop = $15
site = $15

55 + 15 + 15 = 85 If you can get your mom to pay me back I'd be quite grateful. (=

And i'm not bipolar, Steph. Wouldn't you be pissed if you relied on someone for a whole month to finish the last few things, and every time you asked(even though you always knew it'd fuck shit up you just wanted one simple answer for once) you got no reply.

Also, the quitting thing..yeah, happened twice. One job I was working in the FISH department...fish, I'd like to see you try it Steph, I'm sure you'd hate it too. And the other job was with JULIA. We fought 5-6 times the first day, that's not gonna help business at all and I don't like waking up at 7am, I'm not used to it and I didn't want to deal with it. So euhhh, I had my reasons to quit, not that it's any of your business.

And grats, I'm glad your mom works hard to make your life the way it is, and I do wish I could have shit like that. But unfortunately not everyone, again, is spoiled. And you are overly spoiled. I would love a BMW at 16, I don't even have my drivers licence yet because my dad spent over $200 on Julias because she kept failing hers, and I don't want to just go and waste $200. I don't even have the option to buy a car, or consider buying a car, without a loan from the bank(which I can't get with no credit). I'm spoiled in my own ways, and quite lazy, but you're still way more spoiled than I am.

And why do you think anyone else runs a maplestory server? Rydah gets 150k a year, it's not like he's doing it just because he "loves the people". And the server def doesn't cost that much a month. Everyone runs private servers to make money.

Yes, I have been playing for years. On average I'll quit for about 6 months, then play for about 6 months. Then quit again, I usually start up right before another expansion is released so I can get my character to the max level.

You, on the other hand, are saying you had no free time. While playing the game constantly(you were online on WoW more than on msn, thus why I went on a bit more, to try and see whether you were willing to work on MS a bit more)

"ps anna if you wouldve talked to me about this stuff like an adult i wouldve listened to you and worked it out. instead you bitched at me like a brat so this is what you get. if you act like a joke ill treat you like one. oh and i just saw this in my chatlog and died"

Really? Every single time I asked you about it you'd say something like "you want to die?" "I'll kill you" "I'll fucking block you", how am I supposed to "act like an adult" when talking to you if that's all you can say?

A simple answer or two on whether you planned to work on the server or not would have been awesome. It's all I ever wanted. Just a simple "yes I'm working on it" or "No, I'm done"

Over the WHOLE month you could have just said yes or no instead of constantly avoiding it.
Don't try and justify this shit Steph, yes I was doing it for $, OBVIOUSLY I was. Anyone who runs a server is, you don't run it to meet new 12 year old imbeciles. Yes I don't want to get a job because they're boring and annoying. Yes I'll be working to get a job now. Not enough time is a bad excuse, due to the fact that I was already done the donator, and vote NPCs, with just a few mistakes that would have taken you 5-10minutes to fix(like the zakum diamond npc mistakes). So all that needed to be done was the site, and the npcs were no longer disappearing at all.

And, for the part about being in "my" pocket? I offered you w.e you wanted before, with the old Ace. Myles constantly kept telling me to not give you any of the $ just "in case" something happened. And constantly being an idiot saying you really "didn't deserve anything" and that I should just keep it in the paypal in case Nexon magically tried to sue us. You can ask him if you want, though talking to him is always a huge pain in the fucking ass. He doesn't like you, never did. I can see why, too bad you changed so much, since we were friends back on GMS.

You know, honestly. For 5 years I really did care about you overall as a friend. I really ENJOYED talking to you when we did talk. But, just like the issue we had last year, you seem to have changed in my opinion. The conversations we had before just aren't there, we had one(sort of) once or twice on WoW while I resisted asking anything about the MS server. But overall it was just a link to a youtube video, a "LOL/LMFAO" when I linked you one, and maybe a bit of complaining about Christian or some other faggot.
I did care, surprise surprise, and I do still care, even if you did change to me and we can't still have the conversations we did have. Cuz 5 years is a long time to talk to someone, especially over the internet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ace is closing   Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:24 pm

that thing was $50 ROFL

no
just ban me again
Back to top Go down
Anna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ace is closing   Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:28 pm

Okay fine, clearly after 5 years you don't give two shits about our friendship so w.e

Bye then =]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ace is closing   Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:30 pm

squiddily doo
Back to top Go down
iAmJu

PostSubject: Re: Ace is closing   Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:49 pm

hey; I've seriously watched anna working on maplestory stuff day in and day out. she's been practicing coding because people, such as yourself, are not keeping up to what they're supposed to be doing.

Anna takes care of a lot the administrative shit AS WELL AS paying for the fucking server herself. So it's not wrong for Anna to want to keep a majority of the money since she CONTINUES to work on everything even after you have 'done your part'... which as far as i can tell hasn't even come close to ever happening, after you put up the server.
As someone who understands the working world, since i have been in the job-market for 4 nearly 5 years now, the money given by donations SHOULD be mostly going to anna because, especially when you dont have a job, paying for this bloody server shit is expensive. Even I wouldn't want to pay for it whether i had a real job or not. And like any REAL job you have to actually DO YOUR PART otherwise you really have no fucking right to complain about shit.
As far as I can tell, you have TONS of time to be working on this. I see you on WoW almost every day; how is it that you don't have a little time to code something to make more money. I believe that if, had you actually done your part on time, anna would have been more than happy to split 60/40 (since anna has to pay for the server). Anna: I would have been glad to split any of it as long as I got at least a tiny bit and we had enough for the server costs overall. I fucking split most of it with Myles before even though he did jack shit the whole time, wouldn't have changed either way.

Also, steph, to be honest your posts including your MSN conversations are really immature. even i, personally, haven't even contemplated that shit since i was 15. i understand teenage angst and wanting to get at someone by posting personal shit; but that's super immature. i could see it for trolling, but you should know better than that, as a troll, to do it for real.

You and anna used to be really good friends and i dont know what happened but i dont think you should give that up over some stupid server. She gets annoyed about it because she just wants to get it done so that the donations are worth it and that PAYING FOR IT is also worth it. That's just how it works. you only pay for things if you genuinely believe and trust the people who are working with you to get it done. Anna trusted you to do your part, as you said you would, but then you broke her trust by not doing so and then she kept having to postpone it. Responsibility is the key thing about having a job, or school, or anything in the real world; and its' the same with running a server. L2.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Ace is closing   Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:09 pm

god damn color coding

dont have much time, bottom line is if anna didnt freak the fuck out we wouldve been able to fix this. if she had talked about why she wanted to keep it running in a decent manner like she did the night before the fight this wouldve been fine. obviously i dont want to fight with her because of maple story rofl but im not going to deal with stupid confrontations. she drops it, i drop it, we work it out. who cares. if she didnt irritate me i wouldve been able to explain why i thought we shouldnt keep the server up instead of just fighting., i touched on why in my great essay. not sure if she saw that since she was too busy bringing up my bmw in every other sentence lmao. we were both wrong, thats about it. she should know im not always a faggot if im approached the right way

@the shit she said about me not telling her if im working on stuff or something. the problem with that was i did tell you but you continued to ask about it over and over like the next day. id come back from whatever i was doing and have like 4 messages about it. chill. so much shit was giving me stupid errors i was rAgEd
Back to top Go down
Anna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ace is closing   Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:20 pm

That was not a fight, at all. That was me being pretty pissed at the fact that I had spent $80 on something that no one except myself worked on over that month. Yeah, again, I realize you tried to help on the NPC's that I fucked up on, and I do appreciate that shit.
It wasn't a fight, I didn't freak out. And the fight happened AFTER you said no to doing anything on the server.

I wanted to run the server because I hate working, jobs overall are just boring. I'm not the type of person to sit there over the counter at McDicks and take someone elses burger order.
If you wanted a split of the money just ask, and we could figure that shit out. I'd be happy to split if it's just DONE. Honestly, with donations, all I'd need overall is about 3-400 a month of my own, considering how much we made on the old Ace that isn't even that much. All I want to do is see my boyfriend while not having to lose out on talking to him like I do. A job would fuck up the time we can talk, instead of talking from 11-5am, we'd be able to talk from probably about 8/9ish-11/12. And absolutely nothing during the day.

And if you got errors, just tell me. We can find another source or w.e. We could even get a CLEAN one and try fixing it up and working on it. If we did that I'll even help work on it and you can teach me w.e. You constantly said Johnny was a shitty coder etc, yet that's what he's doing with a v83 source, so clearly it can't be that hard.

w.e shits done.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ace is closing   Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:23 pm

fight or not thats what i considered it. i didnt feel like me saying no was a definite answer i figured we would talk about it. or not

mcdicks is sick they give u 1 free meal a day. quality company

done
Back to top Go down
Anna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ace is closing   Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:25 pm

I don't want to look like Agnes with acne all over my face from too much salt and fries.

And what is there to talk about? After that whole month the no did seem pretty damn definite. You hadn't done much at all over the whole month, and it just seemed like, even though you hadn't said it, you were done working on it completely. There didn't seem to be anything more to it than that, not from my point of view anyway.
Back to top Go down
jake

PostSubject: Re: Ace is closing   Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:18 pm

So anna is it the money or the coding, because it may not be that hard to find a coder. You can change the banner @ gtop and say ur looking for a coder. If we continue to get votes then people will see that. Just a suggestion, if whatever I said offended you sorry,don't see how it can though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anna
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ace is closing   Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:07 pm

jake wrote:
So anna is it the money or the coding, because it may not be that hard to find a coder. You can change the banner @ gtop and say ur looking for a coder. If we continue to get votes then people will see that. Just a suggestion, if whatever I said offended you sorry,don't see how it can though.

I'm not really comfortable trusting other people tbh, after I've seen some people get fucked over pretty hard(and fucked some people over quite hard~).
Also, I don't want to spend the $ for another month if it's not 100%.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ace is closing   

Back to top Go down

Ace is closing
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
AceStory :: Information :: Announcements-
Jump to: